Sample questions we pondered and answered were:
- What is the hardest thing you have had to deal with or anticipate dealing with?
- How many kids do you want?
- How do you keep your spouse special in your mind? What do you do to keep your marriage central in your life?
- How would you rate the attractiveness of a woman (not your wife) you heard was attracted to you?
- Continually evaluate how you are doing in the relationship. When you think you "have arrived at a perfect place", you may not be looking closely enough at the relationship. It is a life-long process.
- Research shows that religion and faith play only a small role in the effectiveness of a marriage. Constant communication, making time for each other, etc. play a huge role.
- It is worth going further into debt if it means you put more time and money into your relationship.
- Conversations like this one are a great way to get to know your future in laws! I enjoyed the openness and honesty of Dave, Grace, and Robert.