Saturday, January 30, 2010
Ben and I walked around Rice Park last night to see the ice carvings from the Winter Carnival competition. We walked along the paths and the lit trees with our hot cocoa to keep us warm on this most frigid evening. Our favorite sculptures were the more intricate ones that looked like a sculpture within a sculpture. Then we skated for awhile on the Wells Fargo rink next to the Landmark Center. It was great to be on the ice (first time this year). Practiced my spins and just enjoyed the exercise of round and round the rink. Oh, and it was all free!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
We were on a one month hiatus from the computer. Result: a sore left wrist from using Ben's i-pod touch for our sole internet use.
Highlights of December and January:
- Christmas with lots of Cunningham's and lots of Ferber's,
- Welcoming in the New Year with the Williams
- Celebrating our 11th Anniversary, treating the kids to breakfast
- Family time in Minneapolis: Macy's display, Brit's Pub, and the top of the Foshay tower
- New cast for Maddie
- Watching the Concordia University Golden Bears score 101 points in a game against Bemidji State, Go Uncle Mike!
Posted by We choose to live this life. at 1:14 PM