Saturday, February 22, 2014

FOUR Teen

I neglected to put my battery back in my camera after re-charging it this morning.

I was so bummed about that.

I drove dozens of miles over inches of ice covering hours of slow driving to fulfill her birthday wish - to visit the arboretum and check out the new display of fairy gardens. I turned the "on" dial of my camera to catch all of the beautiful moments and scenery. No power. Battery left at home. My fault. Total bummer for me.

I didn't have a working camera to capture her joy on her birthday.

I was looking forward to all the other awesome photo opportunities of the outing. The Minnesota Landscape Arboretum is gorgeous with all this snow covering its terrain.

I. I. I. I. I.

This day was not about me.

It was about her. My beautiful fourteen year old who didn't care if my camera was working or not.

She had a ball with her friend Emmy and was blessed to spend time with her mom and sisters. We hiked in thigh-deep snow, played checkers by the fire, soaked up the sun and humidity in the conservatory and tasted delicious desserts.

Dad honored her at breakfast before heading to the Northern frozen tundra to camp and do other crazy guy stuff.

What more could a girl want?

Happy Birthday, Daughter! You are lovely.

And very forgiving.



No comments: