Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Flora

Upcoming I plan to write and post pictures according to topic or location. Our vacation was full of adventure and beautiful sites. How could it not be? We were in Hawaii during Winter. Winter where here is was below zero and there temps fluctuated between 70 and 83 degrees.

I reveled in the natural beauty of the islands and thoroughly enjoyed photographing the flower. I often found myself sneaking up to the locals' landscaping to capture a shot or stopping on the trail to take in a deep breath and smell the sweetness. The loud big floral fabric prints I had seen in Hawaiian clothing really do mimic their surroundings. The flowers are gorgeous and bursting with color.

And this is just the Winter.

Here are my favorites from Oahu, Maui and Lanai.

And this is just winter. 

Imagine what it is like in the summer.

No comments: