Friday, December 3, 2010

Tell Me A Story

The first song I remember my dad singing to me is

Tell me a story, tell me a story, tell me a story remember what you said. 
Tell me about the birds and bees and how to make a chipmunk sneeze. 
Tell me a story and then I'll go to bed.

He would always get crazy with his voice on the last word and it was a fun and sweet way to head off to bed as a little girl.

Two days ago I got out a tub of those foam stickers (not my favorite thing), but we have them, so we'll use them. I gave Izzy a piece of blank paper and let her go at it putting stickers all over. When she was done I said, "Tell me a story about your picture."  Well, she proceeded to tell me all about Gordon the Butterfly who found two flowers and.... I am pretty sure she did not have all that in mind as she placed the stickers, but she created a long tale anyway and then asked for help with writing a title, the text to her story, and binding the whole thing with a cover.

I am telling you those stickers went a long way to open up her imagination and creativity.

Who knew she even knew the name Gordon?  No idea where that came from.

No comments: