Monday, December 6, 2010

Lunch Buddy No More

You may not find it appetizing, but I love it. Sushi. And I have come to make it a part of my week. Most weeks. I started to treat myself to sushi once a week on Fridays. I call it Sushi Friday. I love Sushi Friday.

Last Friday, I got to share it with my favorite person. He has been coming home from work for lunch for the last four years. It is just a part of the day. To see him ride his bike up the driveway, greet us with a kiss and smile and proceed to put together the oddest ingredients usually piled on a tortilla and carefully weighed on the scale. We all have our own way, I guess.

Well all this changes today. My lunch buddy has a longer commute to work and will not be able to join me on a daily basis. It will be strange and hard to not have this contact in the middle of the day. Especially when it is the time we are both wide awake, both ready to talk and listen and both not too exhausted yet from the days work.

What a blessing it has been to have a job so close to home. The job stays the same but the location changes.

Man, there really is something to convenience serving a relationship well. Time is precious after all.

I wish it didn't have to be this way.

Looks like I will have to plan to bring Sushi Friday on the road and visit the new place.

No comments: