Tuesday, April 29, 2014

DIY Centerpiece

One detail I spent time on last week was creating four centerpieces to decorate tables for our guests as we dined and celebrated our daughter's making her First Holy Communion.


It's important to me to draw attention to the heart of the event, occasion, or reason for any gathering. In this case, we were celebrating the presence of Jesus in the bread and wine and remembering his words to his friends. It seemed appropriate to highlight this in our home.


A quick google image search provided this arrangement of John 6:35: "I am the bread of life..."



I printed it and wrapped it around a mason jar. Digging through our wrapping paper box I found the perfect color and size of ribbon to tie around the jar and conceal the line on the back.



My daughters assembled the tulips in nice arrangements and voila! A Spring centerpiece - beautiful and meaningful for this special occasion.



Now we just need some sunshine to open these babies up!

No comments: